The e-tutorial provides information on the protection and handling of classified information in accordance with generally acceptable standards and best practices in democratic countries.
The e-tutorial consists of four modules:
1. Parliamentary oversight and access to classified information which covers special legislative provisions for members of parliament (MPs) and their staffers in the context of legislative oversight of the security sector;
2. General information which introduces basic concepts and definitions in the field of classified information and covers the organisation of the National Security Authority;
3. Personnel Security which is devoted to vetting procedures, concepts of reliability and trustworthiness, training and clearance certificates;
4. Physical Security which discusses basic requirements for physical security of classified information and their handling by the MPs and staffers.
More specifically, the e-tutorial answers the following questions:
- Why MPs need access to classified information;
- What information is classified and how we can recognise it;
- Who can get access to classified information and how;
- How is classified information disseminated and protected, and more.
The e-tutorial is comprised of short quizzes at the end of each module and a final test at the end of the e-tutorial.
It is available in English, Albanian, Armenian, Macedonian, Russian and Serbian.
If you are interested in this training, kindly send an email to email@example.com indicating the language in which you want to take the course and we will provide you with the login details.