The 16th meeting of the Security Sector Reform Working Group of the Partnership for Peace Consortium, hosted in Oberammergau from 17 to 20 July 2012 in collaboration with the Education Development Working Group and the NATO School Oberammergau, brought together experts on military education, gender training for the military and integrating gender in military operations. They shared experiences and collectively identified good practices in teaching gender concepts and content to the military, and in employing gender-responsive teaching practices.
The best practices listed in this document span six broad aspects of teaching gender to the military:
(1) Using effective teaching methods and strategies
(2) Making effective use of online learning tools, including Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL)
(3) Encouraging a respectful learning environment and non-discriminatory dynamics in the classroom
(4) Building teachersâ gender expertise
(5) Evaluating gender teaching
(6) Institutional practices to support gender education
 For the after action report of this workshop, see http://dcaf.ch/Event/PFPC-Workshop-on-Teaching-Gender-to-the-Military.