DCAF and the Adala Association “for the right to a fair trial” invite you to a webinar to present their new report “Improving the judicial response to violence against women in Morocco”.
The webinar"Violence against women and the challenges ahead: shared experiences between Morocco, Ukraine, Niger, and Burkina Faso" will discuss an analysis of how incidents of violence against women are dealt with by the judiciary in Morocco, and explore the obstacles to accessing to justice for women victims of violence and the challenges ahead, as perceived by victims, CSOs and justice professionals.
Further, discussions will touch upon the challenges of improving the institutional response to violence against women in other contexts (Eastern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Cristina Finch, Head of DCAF’s Gender and Security Division
- Tanika West, Programme Development Manager at DCAF
- Cécile Lagoutte, Programme Manager Morocco at DCAF
- Sara Lahoucine, Project Officer Morocco at DCAF
- Jamila Sayouri, President at Association Adala “for the right to a fair trial”, Morocco
- Saida Drissi, Gender-based violence and civil society expert at at Association Adala “for the right to a fair trial”, Morocco
- Marta Ghittoni, Programme Manager at DCAF’s Gender and Security Division
- Salissou Salamou, Programme Manager Niger at DCAF
- Sabine Bouda, Gender expert, Burkina Faso
- Hafez AbuAdwan, Project Officer Middle East and North Africa at DCAF
- In English
-> REGISTER here
Please note that the webinar will be held mainly in English with an interpretation in French.