DCAF is organizing a technical workshop at DRC Mining Week to raise awareness of the new security and human rights expectations of mining actors in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The DRC became an engaged government member of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights Initiative in May 2023. This is the first panel to focus on security and human rights at the DRC’s most important mining industry event.
The panelists will be:
- Mirna Adjami, Principal Programme Manager, DCAF
- Frédéric Chenais, Senior Expert, Swiss Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Tony Ntambu, Chief of Staff, Ministry of Human Rights.
- Julie Liang, Vice President of ESG, CMOC Group (Tenke Fungurume Mining)
- Timothée Mbuya, Director, Justicia ASBL
- Prosper Lu'uondo, Economic Advisor, Embassy of the Netherlands to the DRC
More information on our panel can be found in our concept note.
More information on the DRC Mining Week Technical Panel Programme.