The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to making people and the states they live in more secure. We help countries to develop sound laws, institutions, policies and practices that improve the way the security sector is governed. Good security sector governance – rooted in respect for human rights and the rule of law – is a cornerstone of security and development.
DCAF is a leading global centre of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR) knowledge and practice. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we operate in over 70 countries and have a team of more than 170 international staff.
For its reception in another building near its main office, we are looking for a service-oriented and autonomous individual to be our next:
Receptionist (60 %)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Liaising between DCAF and partner organisations
- Making and coordinating meeting room reservations
- Keeping the events calendar up to date
- Resolving/forwarding technical problems
- Maintaining factsheets on the partner organisations, including information about their staff, lease statuses, telephone numbers, etc.
- Providing assistance in the use of multimedia equipment in the conference rooms and other logistical support if necessary
- Answering phone calls
- Collecting and distributing mail
- You have a previous experience of at least 2 years in a similar function
- You have an excellent presentation, great communication and IT skills
- You are well-organized and able to multitask
- You are bilingual both in French and English (C1 level required)
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to a securer world
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to email@example.com by 18th March 2018 with the subject heading ‘’Receptionist’’, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your story and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is an equal opportunities employer that considers applications from all qualified candidates.