Over the last four years, DCAF has developed a corporate approach to results-based management (RBM). With the successful introduction of DCAF’s RBM system, including the recent release of the Centre’s second annual performance report, available at: https://www.dcaf.ch/sites/default/files/imce/About-Dcaf/DCAF_Performance_Report_2017_web.pdf, the RBM function will now be further consolidated with the creation of a dedicated RBM advisor position (programme manager level), initially for one year but renewable provided that additional funding is available.
For our corporate services, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to be our next:
RBM Advisor (100 %)
Location: Geneva (availability for minimal travel if required)
Starting date: Preferably 1 October 2018
Duration: 12 month fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension
The RBM Advisor is responsible for managing DCAF’s corporate-level RBM system. This includes:
- Collecting and analyzing monitoring reports from DCAF staff;
- Providing quality assurance of performance reporting, confirming that results are at the outcome level and supported by relevant data;
- Drafting the yearly performance report on the basis of the monitoring reports;
- Liaising with DCAF’s RBM focal points, and providing training and advice to DCAF staff on RBM-related matters;
- Creating or updating core RBM documents (guidelines, tools, templates, etc.);
- Supporting reflections on how to strengthen DCAF’s approach to RBM, notably in the area of strategic steering and lessons learning.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in economics or social sciences.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in programme management and results-based management in an international context, preferably in the fields of development and/or peacebuilding;
- Adequate knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools;
- Hands-on experience in validating results and synthesizing monitoring data;
- Expertise in the areas of security sector governance and reform is an asset;
- Excellent drafting skills and capacity to synthesize detailed information;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work independently and to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of French required;
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to email@example.com by 10/08/2018 with the subject heading “RBM Advisor”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.