For our Southeast Europe Division, we are looking for a motivated and curious individual to be our next:
Project Assistant – Southeast Europe Division (50 %)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Starting date: 1 September 2018 or upon mutual agreement
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
The Project Assistant supports the implementation of security sector governance capacity building projects. Under the supervision of the project coordinator and in close cooperation with other project team members in Geneva, Belgrade and Skopje, the Project Assistant is in charge of ensuring logistical and administrative tasks and carries out research on request.
Key areas of operation:
- Contributes to the logistical organization of seminars and conferences;
- Drafts a variety of project related documents (project proposals, donor reports, fact sheets, etc.);
- Assists with the procurement of services and financial management of projects;
- Conducts research on project-related topics.
- University degree or currently enrolled in university studies in a relevant field, such as law, international relations, conflict resolution, history, development, security, peace studies, or political science;
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Prior experience in assisting project management including financial aspects, and the organisation of conferences, workshops and training activities, is an asset;
- Prior experience in drafting funding proposals, correspondence and reports to donors is an asset;
- Knowledge of a Western Balkan language is a strong asset;
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 July 2018 with the subject heading “Project Assistant – Southeast Europe Division (50 %)”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.