The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is one of the world’s leading institutions in the areas of security sector reform (SSR) and security sector governance (SSG).
DCAF provides in-country advisory support and practical assistance, develops and promotes appropriate democratic norms at the international and national levels, advocates good practices and makes policy recommendations to ensure effective democratic governance of the security sector. DCAF is looking to fill the following position inside its Operations Southeast Europe Division:
The incumbent reports to the Deputy Head of DCAF Operations Southeast Europe Division in implementing projects and activities to foster security sector governance and parliamentary oversight of the security sector in the Southeast European countries, with special focus on Kosovo.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INVOLVE:
Support project and activity implementation;
- Conduct research on project-related topics, present main findings in team-meetings;
- Support impact monitoring of DCAF parliamentary assistance activities in the Western Balkans with a focus on Kosovo;
- Undertake language- editing of project documents as necessary;
- Support the logistical set-up of meetings, workshops and other training activities;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Student enrolled in Masters or PHD studies in law, political science, international relations or other relevant fields;
- Eligibility for an internship in Switzerland (e.g. within the frame of an international student exchange or young professionals program);
- Proven proficiency in English language;
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management and ability to prioritize and plan own work to meet deadlines;
- Capacity of working in a team;
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills; excellent drafting and editing capacities;
- Initiative and Flexibility
Starting date: ASAP
If you are interested, please send your C.V. and a letter of motivation to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.