The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is one of the world’s leading institutions in the areas of security sector reform (SSR) and security sector governance (SSG).
DCAF provides in-country advisory support and practical assistance, develops and promotes appropriate democratic norms at the international and national levels, advocates good practices and makes policy recommendations to ensure effective democratic governance of the security sector. DCAF is looking to fill the following position inside its Director’s office:
The incumbent will support DCAF Director’s office in drafting summaries and diplomatic correspondence, in populating a SharePoint database of information from the organizations’ various external and internal sources.
Tasks and responsibilities involve:
- Drafting of summaries on the basis of the information provided
- Uploading of documents on SharePoint together with descriptions, tags, and other metadata
- Language editing
- Support to logistical set-up of meetings, visits
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Student enrolled in Masters or PhD studies in international relations, political science or law
- Eligibility for an internship in Switzerland (e.g. within the frame of an international student exchange or young professionals program);
- Ability to quickly extract important information and to summarize
- Excellent drafting skills
- Familiarity with SharePoint is an advantage
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: June to September (4months)
If you are interested, please send your C.V. and a letter of motivation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.