Initiated by the Swiss Government, the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is one of the world’s leading institutions in the areas of security sector reform and security sector governance. DCAF’s Public-Private Partnerships Division is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer for the Security and Human Rights Implementation Mechanism (SHRIM) for an initial period of 8.5 months, starting on 15 April 2018. The SHRIM is a multi-donor Trust Fund that supports security, development and human rights based programmes in fragile contexts.
Finance Officer (100%) (Security and Human Rights Implementation Mechanism)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead responsibility for SHRIM project cycle (liaison with individual project leads on proposal development, direct responsibility for SHRIM reporting, financial oversight, budget management and external audits)
- Liaison with donors on project planning, approvals and reporting
- Coordination of Steering Committee meetings (remote and in person)
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of project management processes to further grow and develop the SHRIM
The ideal candidate: Competencies and qualifications
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar position
- Excellent administrative / organizational / financial management skills
- Ability to proactively plan and implement work, including managing multiple priorities
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written), fluency in German / Spanish appreciated
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment
- Familiarity with Swiss administrative and legal procedures
- Valid working permit for Switzerland or Swiss national
The deadline for application is: 16 March 2018
Candidates meeting these requirements should send a CV and motivation letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.
Please note that only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified. For further information on DCAF, please visit our website: http://www.dcaf.ch.