Assistance Programme: Palestinian Security Sector Reform
DCAF has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 2005. It assists Palestinians in developing effective, and efficient, security and justice providers, which:
- deliver security to the Palestinian people in a transparent manner, and in line with their security needs,
- are properly overseen, and controlled, by both the Palestinian Legislative Council and the Palestinian National Authority,
- are fully accountable to the Palestinian people and their elected leaders.
To this effect, DCAF works with five target groups:
- Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC)
- Executive authorities
- Civil society
- Police and security forces
In support of its long-term assistance programme to Palestinian security sector reform (SSR), DCAF maintains an office in Ramallah. DCAF provides its partners with comparative and policy advice, and research, promotes inclusive approaches and processes to Palestinian SSR, and conducts various capacity building programmes.
DCAF’s main areas of work in Palestine:
| || ||
| || ||