Assistance Programme: Lebanon
Lebanon joined the DCAF Foundation Council in spring 2007 as the first Arab country. DCAF assists Lebanon in developing effective and efficient security and justice providers, that:
- deliver security to the Lebanese people in a transparent manner and line with their security needs;
- are properly overseen and controlled by the Lebanese parliament and government;
- are fully accountable to the Lebanese people and their elected leaders.
To this effect, DCAF works with four target groups:
- Parliament and its committees
- Civil society
- Armed, police and security forces
In support of its long-term assistance programme to Lebanese security sector reform (SSR), DCAF maintains a regional office in Beirut. DCAF provides its partners with comparative and policy advice and reserach, promotes inclusive approaches and processes to Lebanese SSR and conducts various capacity building programmes.