The Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) brings together 56 states from Europe, Central Asia and North America and plays a vital role in early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation. DCAF has been working closely with the OSCE since DCAF's establishment.
Key areas on DCAF-OSCE cooperation include:
- Supporting the development of the OSCE’s Approach to Security Sector Governance and Reform.
- Promoting respect for the human rights and fundamental freedoms of armed forces personnel, through activities around the joint DCAF-OSCE/ODIHR Handbook on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of Armed Forces Personnel
- Working together to develop and promote DCAF's Gender and SSR toolkit
- Supporting the SSR activities of OSCE missions in Southeast Europe
- Conducting policy-relevant research on the implementation of the OSCE Code of Conduct on Politico-military Aspects of Security
Please see a list of key DCAF publications related to the OSCE here.